AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Glyphosate resistant kochia pic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nwksmilo
Posted 7/7/2011 08:25 (#1852262)
Subject: Glyphosate resistant kochia pic

Colby, KS

Been told by a crop consultant, seedsman, and chemical rep that glyphosate resistant kochia is uncommon and hasn't made it this far west anyway. Have been told that what most people think are glyphosate resistant kochia are just from application errors like insufficient coverage, dust tracking, water too hard, wrong time of day, etc.

From Around the Farm
From Around the Farm

I guess I must have ate the wrong thing for breakfast or had the wrong hat on the day I sprayed and made the application fail. Looks like true resistance to me, but the experts say that it doesn't exist. So it must be me. LOL

Note the dry dead kochia around the survivor that isn't even wilted. Note the maximum labeled rate of glyphosate.

This field was sprayed on June 24 with:
12 gpa water
2.5#/acre AMS
64 oz/ac Helosate Plus
5 oz/a Clethodim
1 pt/a Crop Oil

The problems for this field started the day it was planted. There were fairly heavy 2-3" kocia and isolated 4-6" marestail on the field so opted to work it before planting. Ran a Fallowmaster across it in the morning, planted that afternoon, then had an inch of rain that night and spotty weeds didn't die. Guess they are tillage resistant too LOL. Field also has 2 pt/a of Prowl H2O premerge. Not that that would have any activity on these surviving weeds, but man I'm already doing everything I can to try to prevent resistance and have it anyway.

Any ideas on what to try to kill these things other than a herd of kids with hoes? The kocia are 12-14" tall now. Grew 6"+ since the glyphosate application.

Edited by nwksmilo 7/7/2011 08:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)