AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 630 carb problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JoshuaGA
Posted 11/10/2010 20:33 (#1430255)
Subject: John Deere 630 carb problem

Sumner GA, Located in southwest GA,
Having issues, mainly in the fact this thing keeps dumping fuel into the cylinders. Fuel fills up the carbs, runs down into the cylinder. Replaced float, needle valve, needle seat, slowed it down a whole bunch, didn't stop it. Not to mention the tractor runs terrible. Carb was supposedly a rebuilt one I put on this spring. Well, from day one the thing has backfired, acted like it was starved for fuel, did I mention backfire, would flood the carb if you accidently left the gas on, generally be a nusiance. Screwed the load screw in all the way which helped considerably, but didn't solve it. Got to acting poor again, took off the carb, had it cleaned, poured fuel into the cylinders, to say the least it spewed gas all over the motor when we pull started it, only way to woah down the fuel was to do it with the manual shutoff. Mechanic got all the adjustment out of the old float, didn't help. New float needle valve, needle seat, $120 still ain't solved it. Still letting raw gas into the cylinders, smokes like a freight train. Screwed the load screw all the way out still didn't lean it out, and it still backfires. Mechanic is coming out tomorrow. Any of yall experienced with these things have any ideas. My personal opinion is to send it back to the place we got the carb from in the first place but, dad wants to exhaust all the local options first I guess, so any ideas on whats wrong would be appreciated, I think it is about to stump everyone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)