AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7120 combine settings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

marbro1
Posted 9/29/2010 00:54 (#1377937)
Subject: 7120 combine settings

Southwest Iowa
We just got a 7120 combine and used it the past few days in some corn that wasn't yielding the best, anywhere from 50-170. This ground was wet all year and we just wanted to get it out so the landlord could go ahead and tile it this fall. We moved to a different farm this afternoon with the corn running 200+ bu and we just can't seem to get the machine set right. It seemed like we had a decent sample in the poorer corn, but can't get it fine tuned like we want it in the better stuff. I was just wondering if some kind of remember how they got their machines set and could point me in the right direction.

If I remember correctly, we're running our rotor around 390, have the concaves set on 22, the upper sieve on 21 and the lower sieve on 19. The fan is running around 970.

What kind of sensitivity are you running on your grain loss graphs? I was told that they were extra sensitive compared to the 2388 I was running, but I don't like seeing it light up in red occasionally. Do yours jump around from green to yellow to green to red to yellow quite a bit? Not sure if this is just normal for these machines or if we're missing something.

Thanks for any replies!

Marbro1
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)