AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

House machinery :P - expensive microwave
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rasputin
Posted 9/19/2010 13:31 (#1365674)
Subject: House machinery :P - expensive microwave

K. Normally microwaves are not worth fixing, you chuck them. We have a microwave/convection oven from the mid-80's, nary a problem with it. Would cost over $1000 to buy an equivalent. There is a little plastic bracket and plastic (or some type of similar material) cover that is over a kind of an inlet. I am guessing this is where the microwaves enter the chamber? Anyway, it was arcing and sparking, so I removed those two components, been fine since. However, that opening should likely be covered with something to keep stuff out of there. The parts are no longer availabe >:( Probably because everyone just trades in their house machinery for new stuff with new home decor style changes. Women!!!! :)

Can I put a regular piece of plastic in front? A piece of glass? Ideas? She is a good microwave, waste not want not. Panasonic isn't going to force me to buy another just because they quit making 30 cent parts!!!!!!

Or maybe it can be microwave motor #1 for a hay dryer, as the rain doesn't seem to stop long enough to make hay these days ..... It has been done before apparently.
TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)