AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I Un-Logical?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

christianh
Posted 6/9/2010 17:55 (#1230480)
Subject: Am I Un-Logical?

St. Gregor, SK, Canada
Alrighty, so about a mile upstream from my land there are two culverts along the ditch that drains all the quarter sections... These are both 32"ers. At the driveway to my field, there is only 1 24" culvert... Right on the other side of the driveway is a drain that takes all the ditch water and flows into a creek. Right now, the drain is half empty, the ditch on the other side of the driveway is overflooding and making a run through my wheat field.

I asked for a second culvert to be installed. Was told this rain is an "Act of God" and basically shrugged off. This ditch floods into my field every spring, and every time we have 1" of rain... not just this year, but of course it's really bad this year....

So, Is my request illogical? I didn't think so, but looking for other's opinions... anyone have an idea how to proceed next to get a culvert in there asap? I'm tempted to call up a buddy with a track hoe and do it myself, but then have to deal with the water stewardship guys, and they are pissed because we stopped another one of their bright ideas last year (building a dyke for the neighbour and pooling about 3 miles worth of run off on our fields... with no drainage to get rid of it).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)