AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Onan Generator with what I think is a wisconsin motor on it... question on the fuel pump and carb.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 5/1/2010 23:53 (#1182397)
Subject: Onan Generator with what I think is a wisconsin motor on it... question on the fuel pump and carb.

Kansas
Helped a buddy today bring home a camper he bought. Self contained. Has an Onan Gen set on it that is paired up to what I am fairly certain is a Wisconsin 2 cylinder air cooled engine. 78 model GMC camper.

The problem we are having. As long as there is 12v juice hooked to the electric fuel pump, it will flood out the engine. If I pull the wire off the electric fuel pump the engine will run fine on the gas it has and then when it about dies I can just connect the wires together again for a couple seconds, pull them back apart and it will keep running. If I connect the wire up to the fuel pump and leave it connected and start the engine it will pump so much fuel it floods out the engine and it dies.

We took the air intake off on top of the carb and where the fuel line goes into the carb it merely shoots a steady stream of fuel upwards towards that plastic manifold snorkel that is clamped on top of the carb.

I'm at a loss here what the hell is the problem. First, I'm far from a wisconsin expert. First one I've ever really dealt with. 2ndly, most carbs I'm used to dealing with shoot the fuel downwards into the manifold with a spray pattern to mix the air better. This dang setup just shoots a solid stream of fuel upwards toward the center of where the plastic snorkel clamps to the top of the carb.

I'm open to some ideas of whats going on. This thing has us baffled.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)