AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IH 544 intake/exhaust and miss?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmerbk
Posted 12/22/2009 15:45 (#980073)
Subject: IH 544 intake/exhaust and miss?

Seymour, IL
I have a IH 544 Hydro that is driving me up a tree. Had a miss in it. Had diagnosed and repaired...drawing air through the gasket. The updraft carb contributes to diagnosing and fixing the problem. Ran great for about 10 hours. Started missing again.

Removed loader to get to manifold and pulled it off. Saw where gasket had blown. Took manifold to the machine shop and had it planed. Put new gasket back on with sealant on both sides, and let it set up for 24 hours. Started right up, and seemed to run fine. However, when under load, the miss re-appears.

I did not change any settings, change the carb or anything else. Only other thing I can come up with would involve removing the head, but I don't want to do that if I don't have to.

Any ideas on where the miss is coming from? I suspect something to do with the carb. Do any of you red enthusiasts know of a different manifold or kit that would make the carb a downdraft type? There are supposed to be less problems with the downdraft carbs I am told.

I would like to get this figured out as the loader is handy for snow removal. Not a problem yet, but a matter of time here :)

Thanks for the ideas and input.

Bryon
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)