AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For the guy that did not believe I had 300 pod bean plants PICS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

macfarms
Posted 9/9/2009 17:30 (#840875)
Subject: For the guy that did not believe I had 300 pod bean plants PICS

sc kansas

Went out today and just grab two plants. I could hand pic some that I think would go over 350. The small one had 226 and the larger one had 309 and the stocks are pushing 3/4 of an inch in Dia. This is only an 18 acre patch. The patch 150 yards from it is 10 acres. It ONLY has an average of 85ish. I am not bragging! I have not grown beans before and know it is not my superb methods. We have had an IA summer here and ground that has never seen beans. It will likely never happen again. There was one person on here that said it was impossible, and that it was not happening. I do not like to be called out, so I have done the best I can to prove it over the internet.   

This is the comment from Sdfarmboy that got me going.

Macfarms:

Are you sure you have over 300 pods per plant? Sounds pretty large to me. The latest midwest crop tour in Iowa, counted an average of 1,197 pods in a 3ft x 3ft. square. And Iowa has the best beans in the USA this year, 51 bus. /acre.

So, for many farmers here who are now out counting and looking for 300 pods don't worry, that is highly unusual. Must be a very thin stand in that spot reported here.

Sdfarmboy.  This is the patch they came off of and they dont look thin to me

This is the small plant with the folage removed.

This is the larger one with 309 pods

That is a 4 foot pallet.

Folage removed.

Edited by macfarms 9/9/2009 17:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)