AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Temperature article
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 5/28/2024 08:41 (#10754263)
Subject: Temperature article

North of London

Was reading this article about changes in temperatures and thought it was interesting how things have changed over the past 100 years or so.
It was in a western edition of a farm paper so looks more at western numbers and some Canadian averages.

I have temperature and rainfall records for 40 years that show a steady increase in Corn Heat Units for my location over those 40 years and my life experience indicates temperatures in winter are also warming ( I don't record temps in winter) since I remember it being talk of neighbourhood when temperature went above freezing for out "January Thaw" which only seemed to happen once or maybe twice each year for a day or maybe 2 days but now we get days above freezing at a time and several times during the month so snow does not build up like it used to and outdoor skating rinks are almost impossible to keep frozen like I used to have for our kids.

This link should take you to a page on their digital edition since I can not find a site with the article only

https://mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?m=1031&i=821513&p=26&ver=html5

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)