AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Losing my cool
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bobmoss
Posted 5/17/2024 22:30 (#10743436)
Subject: Losing my cool

Today while changing opener discs on planter in farm yard noticed the neighbor to the west with his sprayer running. I thought little of it I figured he must be streaming on fertilizer because of the wind. After he went by the yard I checked the wind on my phone 22mph to 32mph gusts. I had took my cap of because the wind was gusting enough I couldn’t keep it on anyhow.
After he passed we realized he was spraying chemicals not streaming fertilizer. I had all three daughters with me helping or atleast keeping me company. Once he passed everyone complained how bad it smell oldest daughter said “dad I can taste it.”
I told everyone he probably didn’t see us I bet he stops now. He came back around to continue his field. At this point no doubt he saw us down wind working. I called him and asked what chemicals he was spraying, he indicated it was his last field to get done. Only stated milo chemicals.
I wish that I would have handled it better than I did, I flat lost my cool. I guess the stress of planting and the disregard for us working downwind was a little more than I could handle. He did stop spraying after my call which was appreciated.
The farm he was spraying on sold last year, always buy the farm across the road if you can is my thought today.
How would any of you have handled this?
I feel now we probably should have left for lunch and finished the planter when he was done.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)