AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

travel during planting time
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

davy crockett
Posted 5/3/2024 07:36 (#10726993)
Subject: travel during planting time

got back from italy and france just last night. the only thing to make me agree to go was my newest daughter batting her eyes to attend her and my sons wedding in sorrento. apparently latter in june too hot and busy down there and earlier, in spring isnt good weather. so its been raining here, so no one got ahead of me :-) but beautiful weather in sorrento. italians and french pass on blinded curves, motorcycles pass on curves on middle line while meeting a car from the opposite direction. i dont see dented fenders or dead bodies so either they got skillz or they clean up the wrecks quickly and get new cars :-) american drivers wouldnt get 2 blocks driving like that.

the airports, customs going into italy they have 2 lines, one line has 4 soldiers with machine guns if you need to declare something or a wide open space to just get your passport stamped. .... not a hard decision which line to take :-) contrast that with minneapolis it is a line similar to a taylor swift concert. i dont know what the european union is getting right about customs, but maybe we could learn something? then airport security, you can go though 3 airports with the same bottle of shampoo and then the 4th one throws it away in front of you. some airports you have to take shoes off and thake off rings and lift your hands over head like a political prisoner, others dont care. but its ridiculous in this day and age you cant carryon o a nailclipper the cockpit doors are locked and everyone on the plane wants to be a hero, so no one would make it far rushing the cabin door with a nail trimmer. airlines tell you you can take 1 overhead bag and 1 under the seat bag, but they announce "overheads are full" and make you check overhead bags at gate.

we travelled lite with only carryons because all the tight layover times and risk of loss of checked bags en route to the wedding . of course they lost a bag we had to check (thankfully on way back) its somewhere in italy, probably up for sale on "lost luggage,com" . all these millennials travelling these days, the airports just cant handle it. common sense changes and upgrades to airport security are desperately needed. and dont get me started on if you land in terminal 1 in minneapolis to get to your car parked in long term parking only availble in terminal 2. you have obscure signs to take you to the tram which takes you to the train that takes you to long term car in terminal 2. the signs say "mall of america" but dont worry, it takes you to long term parking....norwegians! :-)

people in paris were nice to us, even though they have a undersed reputation for being aloof, its a beautiful city. italians are friendly warm folks and just like youd think, i kept thinking of father guido sarducci from saturday night live, even the very professional pilots sounded like him "nowa we area gonna landa the plane!" :-) i listened to european news for the last week, we get home open the door and we had the tv going to make it look like we were at home (wink wink) and it was crap about the trial going on in new york.... "well honey, it was nice while it lasted, but we`re home!".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)