AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gen 3 20/20 gps questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

steve1616
Posted 4/13/2024 18:55 (#10705632)
Subject: Gen 3 20/20 gps questions

North East Kansas
I have Digifarm RTK on a Trimble 372 receiver on a Magnum 245. In the 20/20 gps settings screen there is a place where it says gps heading source. Mine is set to calculated. I found a spot in the manual where it says to set it to calculated if you have a lower grade gps system. Since mine is RTK wouldn't that mean it's a high grade, and should be set to gps instead of calculated? I am currently having an issue where the tractor will sometimes flip the implement on me when I back into a corner, and wonder if this might fix the issue. I can manually flip the implement on the 20/20 screen, but this does me no good because the 20/20 will just flip it back after a couple feet of planting. I might add that I never had this problem a single time when I was on the really old software. When I upgraded to 2022.0.0 it started happening so Im wondering if the software update changed some settings. I also just upgraded to 2024.0.1 in hopes it would fix things and it didn't. The other thing that happened when I upgraded to 2022 software is that the field acres went up. A 103 acre field would somehow now be 106 acres. Im wondering if this might also have to do with a gps setting. I see where it asks gps correction level. Mine is set on normal and Im wondering if it should be set on high. Maybe this would get my acres counter back to the correct amounts.

Maybe these settings won't change anything, but Im sure someone might know these answers. If these settings are a waste of time please let me know. The only other thing that changed at the same time as my software is the radar. My radar went bad, and I put a new dickey John radar in before I upgraded the software to the 2022 version software. Everything else has been the exact same since we have gotten this setup. I also want to add that the pro 700 never gets the implement or tractor backwards. The pro 700 obviously reads everything just fine.

When I was on software 2019.1.7 the acres were perfect, and I never had a single issue when backing into any corners. If I can't fix my current setup I may try to go back to this software since I saved that installation setup. The only reason the dealer wanted me to upgrade to 2022 version is because on the older software had one bug. It would disable one of my load sensors even though it worked fine and read out fine. The load sensors were strictly monitor only though so all that would change is the average margin which wasn't a big deal at all. I could still see the margin individually even on the load sensor it disabled. Does anyone have any advise?

Edited by steve1616 4/13/2024 22:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)