AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rawson zone-till (triple coulter)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Pfarms
Posted 8/5/2009 20:28 (#800969)
Subject: Rawson zone-till (triple coulter)

EC MN - Hour North of 'The Cities'
Does anybody use the Rawson triple coulter setup and blow on dry fertilizer as a form of strip till?

I think prarieboy had this setup this spring on standing stalks, and it looked great from the pictures. I have also seen loran's version using the cart with liquid for his strip till, but I would like to try dry using our Concord air cart.

I am thinking of having the Rawson triple coulters mounted on a 3 point bar in the fall to blow on P&K, and then use it in the spring to apply Urea.
The question I have would be how much N can one apply in the strip without burning the seed? Our soils are usually moist, but this spring we stayed cool and dry.

Anyone using strip till can chime in regarding N in the strip (regarding the safe amount of N).

Another thought would be to mount the 3 point Rawson bar with the planter and spring strip and plant at the same time to make it one-pass application in the spring.

My dad and I must have a puzzled look on our face after attending Farmfest on Tuesday, and looking at a home-built strip till bad today and trying to figure out the best way to strip-till, apply fertilizer, and save trips with the labor force of 2 people.

I'll continue to search Google for answers...

Lance
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)