AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wired router for splitting internet signal?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

guessrow
Posted 9/17/2023 18:30 (#10405364)
Subject: Wired router for splitting internet signal?

Le Sueur VIA St.Thomas

Hello,

My wife works from home and her company requires a dedicated wired ethernet line. According to her techs, her work computer should be directly connected to the modem. Well, my wireless route is connected directly to the modem and her work computer is connected by ethernet via a switch. Everything works great 99% of the time. Every once in a while the router gets unplugged and everything goes out, including her work computer. Now, every time something goes wrong, even if it's on her companies side, my setup gets blamed. I have great cable internet 400+MBPS down and 30MBPS up. I looked into a completely independent second line but my cable company only allows one service per address. Fine-I didn't want to pay the extra money, anyway.

Will a wired router accomplish this sort of thing? I found the one below on amazon. What I want to do is add a device directly after the modem the will split the signal into two lines- one that goes to my wife's computer and the other that goes to the wireless router and the rest of the house. 

good luck -jim

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Integrated-Lightening-Protection-TL-R605/dp/B08QTXNWZ1/ref=sr_1_19?crid=3S56S6KK9CIH5&keywords=internet%2Brouter&qid=1694993132&sprefix=internet%2Brouter%2Caps%2C378&sr=8-19&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc&th=1

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)