AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

'97 Century Class LH door loom routing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 7/24/2009 22:58 (#787127)
Subject: '97 Century Class LH door loom routing

Southeast Wyoming

The left door on my  '97 Century Class Freightliner does not have power to the mirror switch or to the window.  The fuse is okay for the window.  The truck had not been run since April and the batteries were dead (actually is was started about a month ago, after recharging the batteries then also - but the truck was not moved.)

The mirror switch has had issues in the past - it fails after a little use, as if there may be a short circuit.  Also, I've never been able to roll down the right window with the switch on the left door, it rolls up fine from the left switch and works fine from the right side switch.

I suspect the loom may be pinched or worn.  I've also heard from people familiar with this truck that it has had some electrical issues from early on.  Maybe it has a screw ran into the loom since manufacture.

Can anyone tell me where the loom runs once it goes into the front door post?  It goes down but I cannot tell if it runs to the back door post and across under the cab or across just inside the firewall and back up to the dash or ?????

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)