AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ULSD treatments... follow-up from below
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

black dirt
Posted 7/24/2009 22:11 (#787062)
Subject: ULSD treatments... follow-up from below

Elkhart, Illinois
Been using a product from Canada called RED_TEK. We have religiously treated farm fuel for years due to algae, moisture, etc. I started treating pickups several years ago and begian "RELIGIOUSLY" treating when Bio followed by ULSD hit the pumps. I pulled the injectors out of the 7.3 PHord a couple years ago at 250,000 miles for the first time. the shop that tested them was almost irritated that he could not sell me any high dollar injectors.
Now, I know it is inconvenient to do this every tank-full but dang boys, this truck now has 360,000 miles with 7 original injectors. I lost one last summer to an electrical short. I am not saying the RED-TEK did or did NOT prevent trouble but I sleep better at night. Also, I burn #2 all winter (when I can get it) in Illinois winter with a double dose of the juice. Locally, we have a COOP station that keeps #2 W/O BIO. I will gladly pay the extra 15-20 cents and let somebody else have the Bio-Mass, french fry grease crap. "KNOCK WOOD", I have never gelled.

I prefer to treat preventatively, witht he best fuel conditioner I think I can buy. I have never been stranded due to fuel but know many who have.

Sorry for the RANT, but I know several, who never get 10 miles from home, who brag up their BIO-fuel and then gripe when they had to be towed in to be thawed out on the cold days. I have told several of them to call me for a tow..............never had a call though.......hmmmm

Edited by black dirt 7/24/2009 22:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)