AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean pre questions in conventional tillage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BRF
Posted 12/25/2021 18:53 (#9398422)
Subject: Soybean pre questions in conventional tillage

We have recently started having issues with Palmer in our area for the first time ever. Local coop wants us using a product called kyber right behind the planter. All beans will be planted with conventional tillage. We planted all enlist beans last year and had really good results putting enlist, glyphosate, and dual on beans. I'm convinced the Palmer came here in some oat seed we got a couple years earlier. The few real problem fields started clean with tillage. When the beans got to be about six inches tall the Palmer had about equal population. I sprayed enlist glyphosate and dual, wiped out the Palmer and the field stayed clean all year with the dual. Cleaning up the field with enlist and putting down the dual to hold off future growth I'm trying to wrap my head around spending the money on the kyber at planting. What are the thoughts from guys that have dealt with this for years already? Also, marestail is starting to be an issue. Can I replace the dual with something else in growing beans that has residual for Palmer and marestail both? If I understand the dual will not hold back future marestail. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)