AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stan Larson of Schu-Lar Herefords, RIP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Doug61
Posted 5/5/2021 09:41 (#8988482)
Subject: Stan Larson of Schu-Lar Herefords, RIP

Eastern NE KS
Mr Larson was one of my vo-ag advisors and FFA 'here by the owl' leader. He also helped me through a rough patch while in I was in high school. He was a good man with a gentle but firm conviction. His success with Hereford cattle demonstrates what perseverance can attain even on a modest scale.

Obit copied in part from 'Lawrence Journal World'

Stan was born January 30, 1934, in Horton, KS, the son of Ludwig and Selma Knudson Larson. He graduated from Atchison County Community High School, and later earned Bachelor and Master degrees from Kansas State University.

Stan served his country in the United States Army during the Vietnam War and continued his service to our country in the Kansas National Guard for over 20 years. He retired from military service ranked as a Major.

He taught Vocational Agricultural in Troy, KS for four years, and then in Marysville for four years followed by a 30 year career at Lawrence High School. When he retired from teaching, he was executive secretary of the Kansas Polled Hereford Association.

As an active partner in Schu-Lar Hereford, LLC. he turned his focus to the breeding and care of the family's Hereford cattle.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)