AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9660 single point header latch pins
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JD 9400
Posted 12/24/2020 18:14 (#8695309)
Subject: 9660 single point header latch pins

Southern Pa.
I have a question for those of you with an STS combine with single point hookup.

We have an '05 9660. The header latch pins do not pull in flush with the feederhouse face plate. They probably stick out 1/2 in. or so. Both sides are pretty much the same, but the left side sticks out slightly more. I know it shouldn't be that way, it makes it tricky to hook and unhook heads.

We've played around with all the adjustments on the cable up near the single point coupler handle. That's not going to do the trick. We blew out any dirt behind the pins, didn't do the trick. Lubed them up good, no go. You can push the pins back flush by hand easily.

There is a place/opening to adjust the cable/linkage down underneath the faceplate. You can see the threaded cable end, and 2 jam nuts up in there, IIRC. But it's very tight, not enough room for wrenches??

I'm thinking we'll need to remove the faceplate to make the necessary adjustments?

Has anyone had this issue, and what is the remedy?? What does it take to remove the faceplate?? Or isn't that necessary??

Edited by JD 9400 12/24/2020 18:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)