AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sure Stop Clutches on a Case 1200 Planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

HawkeyeFarmer
Posted 4/7/2009 16:24 (#672517)
Subject: Sure Stop Clutches on a Case 1200 Planter

Anybody having any troubles getting these clutches to mount onto the row units correctly? On my planter where the seed meter is engaged by the sprocket it just doesn't match up like the planter was originally designed to. I just don't trust it enough to leave it the way Ag Leader wants it installed. There are two bolts on the sprocket that stick out in the direction of the seed meter and are to catch the plastic bracket mounted on the seed meter to drive it. The problem with these new clutches are the misalignments with the chains and sprockets. Once you get the sprocket and clutch mounted like Ag Leader recommends, the two bolts that did drive the seed meter are now to long because washers have to be placed to space the sprocket out enough to align with the clutch. This extra length hits a part of the plastic bracket incorrectly and doesn't lay into the groove like Case wants it to. When it doesn't fit into that groove both bolts don't drive at the same time and it looks like it might affect my stand with jerky movements. Anybody have any thoughts or recommendations. I have pondered with the idea of cutting a quarter inch from the bolts to allow them to lay like they are suppose to. If the clutch was just a little bit more narrow there wouldn't be any problem.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)