AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We have brought this all upon ourselves.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

buddyandkirby
Posted 5/7/2020 21:42 (#8242246)
Subject: We have brought this all upon ourselves.

East central nebraska
Last may and june was our one shot to have $4.50 to $5.00 corn going into 2021. I get it that the virus is messing things up. The greed of the american farmer (price run up and the USDA putting the MFP carrot out in front of us ) got the Dakota, Iowa and Illinois farmers to plant corn clear into mid June instead of taking PP. Now we are seeing everything planted to corn and soybeans. I don't have a magic ball but this corn and soybean market looks really scary. Here in Nebraska we have our Insurance guarantee this year. Who know next year. And while I am ranting I am tired of reading how the BTOs are messing everything up. Bull****. Its everyone collectively, back in 2013 I lost a farm i had been renting for 15 years to a smaller sized farmer who threw a really high cash rent out. I couldn't match it because i had 4 other landlords within 5 miles that heard about the bid and all of my rented land would have went sky high. Individually i want everyone to have success and be able to survive, collectively if parts of the corn belt get a frost and people have to replant, well you knew the rules and risks going in.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)