AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Knight RC260 Slide tray clearance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

forget
Posted 12/8/2018 13:27 (#7157769)
Subject: Knight RC260 Slide tray clearance

eastern sd
We are looking at getting an RC260 feed wagon, we have a 3160 now that has been pretty good only problem was the slide tray hinge is too low and would hit our fencline bunks. We modified it when it was new and gained a little clearance but it still scrapes sometimes and feed doesn't flow as good after we modified it. I see the RC wagons have a different slide tray design that is supposed to be improved but it doesn't look any higher, I am wondering if anybody has gone from a 3160 to an RC260 and noticed if the hinge is actually any higher or if there is somehow more clearance. I wanted to put bigger tires on the 3160 but the right tire comes too close to the tub for that to work. We have an old roto mix that they actually put lift blocks between the frame and the axle but that would be hard to do on the knight wagon as the axle is welded to the frame. We cant use an auger discharge but maybe somebody has found a better way to modify the slide tray or raise the whole wagon up? I should note these are pull type wagons not trucks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)