AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Light Feed and Osborne Feeders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dragon71
Posted 12/7/2018 10:44 (#7155249)
Subject: Light Feed and Osborne Feeders

Farming in NW Iowa
I help my neighbor take care of some hogs at one building site. 2 finishers and a nursery. They all have Osborne wheel type feeders. This last batch of feed seems so fluffy and light the small feeders in the nursery won't let the feed down. It just seems to bridge and they have had some hanging up in the bulk bins outside too. I've tried poking it down with a rod in the feeders and then it goes for a while until the pan's empty and then it just won't fall down to the wheel. Adjusting the cone up or down doesn't help either. The bigger feeders don't seem to have a problem.
I talked to the feed source and he said he had some corn come in that was 15% moisture and 54 lb test weight and apparently they didn't blend enough good corn into the mix for a day or 2. He says we'll just have to work through it and make sure it's all gone before getting more. Hopefully they have their issue figured out before then.
Anything to try with these feeders? Would pulling the cone out help?
I put some pans out on the floor and these little 20 lb pigs attack it like they are starving!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)