AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neighbor in need, where does it start?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron/PA
Posted 11/18/2018 16:00 (#7113270)
Subject: Neighbor in need, where does it start?

A lifetime acquaintance/friend who's in his upper 70's and farms in the neighborhood had a few setbacks. He fell a week or so ago and has lost the use of his legs, he's also going to have to start dialysis. There's no way he's going to be able to harvest his crops.

He's got a son at home who's mentally challenged but able to help in the shop and some basic tractor driving but couldn't run the combine, or truck.

This guy has ticked off nearly every land owner in the valley and beyond, over the last 50 years and most of the active farmers as well. Still he's always willing to help folks out and lend a hand when it's needed.

Where I'm going with this is I'm wondering how someone would go about trying to get the neighbors together to harvest at least some of the crops to bring him some cash? It's as much to help his wife and son as it is for him.

Anyone ever done this? I mean I've showed up to help with small jobs and done some chores for guys when they're laid up but this is certainly out of my league.

Nothing's been harvested yet, we just got 10" of snow that's melting with no frost in the ground and a fair portion of his fields are bottom land that won't take a combine 'til it does freeze.

Any suggestions would be a help.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)