AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Telehandler/wheel loader size for 2.5yd bucket
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

BurkFarms
Posted 11/18/2018 16:01 (#7113271)
Subject: Telehandler/wheel loader size for 2.5yd bucket

East Central Indiana
Sometime in the future I’ll be looking for something to move turkey litter and shavings quicker.
For a couple years we used an MX125 and loader to load 600 tons of turkey and 6 large semi loads per year of kiln dried bedding.

The tractor and loader is painfully slow. Besides that the tractor and loader was my grandpa’s and he has passed away and grandma would like to sell the tractor. I have no use for it other than to load litter so I told her I would get it all cleaned up and help her sell it.

I rented a Manitou 840 and have used it 1 day to load dry shavings. It has a 3.5yd bucket and it sure spread things up but it’s really more loader than I need and out of my price range.

This my first time using a telehandler. I got the hang out of it pretty quick and could see how it could be used for a lot of things around the farm. I’m open to a small wheel loader also. It might be faster loading litter but maybe less useful around the farm.

My litter is very dry and light material. What Size telehandler or wheel loader would be capable of handling a 2.5 us bucket?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)