AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Current Chinese Economy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kst1
Posted 7/5/2018 09:14 (#6851669)
Subject: Current Chinese Economy

NY Times article about the Chinese economy from a week ago. Interesting read....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/28/business/china-stock-market-economy-currency.html

A quote from the article:

As if investors did not already have enough to worry about in China, a deeply pessimistic internal government analysis has widely circulated on social media this week. The analysis was written by Li Yang, the chairman of the National Institution of Finance and Development, a Beijing-based research group, and by three other economists.

A person who picked up the phone at the think tank said that the document was genuine and that its release had not been intended.

The document said that with “the Federal Reserve’s interest rate hikes and the long-term and highly uncertain trade conflicts between China and the United States, we believe that in China there is currently a high probability of financial panic.”

I'm not a huge fan of our current tariff and trade talk, but I do believe China needs to solve this worse than the United States currently does.

I hope everyone had a good 4th of July and has an many fingers today as on Tuesday!

Edited by kst1 7/5/2018 09:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)