AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Firefox ????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

German Shepherd
Posted 12/22/2008 21:03 (#543969)
Subject: Firefox ????

OK, first I'll start out by saying I am about as computer illiterate as they come, so bear with me while I describe a problem without knowing half the terms I should know.

I've got firefox as my browser, installed by my someone other then me obviously. Everything worked fine, and still does except for one new quirk. Several days ago I got a notice on the screen about updates and let it install. Now I've got a different system for how web address's are recorded up on the toolbar.

In the past, any address that was typed in as kept there for a week if you didn't go there, and stayed there if you did go to the site again. And, the type was a just a regular font, like I am using now.

What I get now is larger font telling WHAT the site is, and underneath in small green letters is the site address, and to the side is some goofy symbol of the site. Some names have a yellow star beside them.

What is really annoying is there is no order to how the names are arranged. Some are what is typed in, some are sites or pages of sites that I went to by following a link, and some address never appear. I'm not sure, but could these all be what is known as "bookmarks"?

Any way to get back to the old system I had? If you need more info ask, and I'll see if I can confuse you somemore. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)