AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Montag Strip till Setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 11/25/2017 18:11 (#6387766)
Subject: Montag Strip till Setup

Morris, IL
So have a JD hydraulic drive PWM setup running an older montag, pulled wiring pinout off JD hyd. planter with a hyd. seed rate module. After finding the module i had was bad and put another on it worked perfect. Calibrated in the yard almost spot on just left it alone, row to row was 8-9lb. per row out of 100lb. with 12 row.

Couple questions about this setup tho.

1. If i calibrated at 250lb. per acre what rate would i be ok without needing to recal? 200-300? 100-400? This is a 12 row with small 2" meters. Will run most everything 200-300 have one farm want to double rate but i'm ok if it's off little bit, like between 400-500lb. Question about cal? It asks rate to cal at but how does it know speed, based on shaft rpm it seemed pretty close. Just wondered what it uses for speed?

2. My meter was just trying to turn on headlands, not much just a bit. One end of field it it was showing 1 rpm and throwing all kinds of warnings. Other end was showing nothing and no warnings. In the yard wasn't showing any warnings. Thinking should turn down zero flow offset.

3. What kind of pressures do i need to run, 250 lb. of 50/50 MAP/MOP at 6mph. My gauge in the yard would run right up to 20 psi or maybe more but took it to field only could get 2-3" I think gauge is messed up going to try another as it's moving lot of air. What pressure for 2x rate at 6mph.

4. For pulses per revolution i have john deere encoder says 360 on it, i have it on 18 tooth on motor and 29 on the driven so i entered 580. Is that correct or did it read i should enter 58 it sure seemed to work good with 580 in there?

I know this isn't all precision but i think you guys will know about this type equipment. Been pulling my hair out with this rig for long time really happy to see it all working, seems like everywhere i turned it was problem after problem seems that's way things go sometimes. Now to run like crazy monday when fields dry little more and we get truck load of dry. Thanks in advance everyone.

Edited by NEILFarmer 11/25/2017 18:41

(F312C49F-A75D-4711-BFC7-7ED71B9683B3.jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments F312C49F-A75D-4711-BFC7-7ED71B9683B3.jpeg (80KB - 83 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)