AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2388 engine/rotor questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

seedcleaner
Posted 10/22/2008 20:26 (#488453)
Subject: 2388 engine/rotor questions.

Mid-Missouri
Replacing a seeping head gasket on 8.3 cummins 1999 model. Started probably around 1500 eng. hours. Now with over 2000 and rain, it is time to fix it. We have the head off. Cylinders look like new yet. Any items or recommendations to do while head is pulled. I am going to update the fan hub bearing. Is this the right part # J945330? I think we are going to get the head resurfaced but not grind the valves because the local engine shop is busy. Should we anyway. Should I get the injectors checked? Can I soak them in cleaners to get the carbon removed. The local CIH dealer will torque the head and adjust valves, anything to check there? As far as the rotor, I have had the best luck with a goodyear agri-torque belt along with the 500 pound spring. An oil leak under the engine ruined that belt. Abilene machine says goodyear got bought out and they don't have agri-torque belts anymore. Its number was HN 1030MD. It looks very similar to the belt on a 2588, smooth on the outside and round lugs on the inside. Anyone know where to get that belt. It was also about $100 cheaper than CIH belt. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)