AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Usda survey
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Happy First Timer
Posted 1/7/2017 19:12 (#5751954)
Subject: Usda survey

Had a lady try to stop at my house a couple times to fill out papers for the NASS survey. Not really sure what she wanted me to fill out because I always complete and return my survey paperwork they send out. Anyhow, she said it would take an hour to complete it and with the holidays, travel etc I just didn't have the time to do it right now.

My question to the NAT brain trust is: What is in it for the producer? What benefits do we receive from giving the USDA our yield, acreage, own vs. Lease, storage capacity etc?

It seems to me, just thinking out loud, what other business on the face of the earth gives there info for free to a government agency to be published and used by traders, grain merchandisers etc?

My thought is, I want those traders to ride down the road and look at all those grain bins and have to guess if they are full or empty. If they don't know, then they start bidding the prices up a nickel or a dime to see if producers will start selling. No one hauls a load in, then they bid it up another dime until grain starts flowing. If it doesn'tstart flowing then guess what? Those bins are empty and they better start dangling the planting carrot.

Where am I off in my line of thinking?

Edited by Happy First Timer 1/7/2017 19:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)