AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another nice plow day in NE IL
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 11/18/2016 20:11 (#5643762)
Subject: Another nice plow day in NE IL

Chebanse, IL.....

On Sunday, Nov 13, the Slow Boys Tractor Club hosted a fund-raiser plow day west of Gilman, IL. The charges & donations went to the Iroquois West 8th grade class to help defray costs to Washington, DC.

It seems every plow day is greeted by a clear blue sky, and this one was no exception. Probably 35 plowing tractors in attendance. I'm not sure I got all of them in photos, however. I have videos also coming, both ground & air. Now that we're done in the field, I'll get caught up on my movie/photo duties & post them when available.

Here's link to my photo album page with the tractors from the 11/13 plow day.

http://imageevent.com/lukowphotos/plowdaygilmanil111316

and...here's a few examples. A lot of these plow guys are repeaters. They lay in wait for somewhere to go plow and then they move in! This was a 160 A field & it was knocked out in about 5 hrs. Most agreed it was some of the toughest plowing they had ever encountered. A few guys brought their usual plow, then quickly returned home & got one that was one bottom smaller. I saw front ends 4-5' in the air often. And, it was this way from one end to the other. One friend commented, "boy, you just keep waiting for that sand hill so the tractor can catch it's breath.....but  that sand hill never comes...". He was correct.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)