AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strip crop corn Nitrogen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 7/28/2016 22:36 (#5438200)
Subject: Strip crop corn Nitrogen

Morris, IL
So our strip crop field is coming along great. Right now the outside row is just starting to show bit of N deficiency, very minor so far. I've been wanting to Y drop that outside row or two for while now but it keeps raining, a good thing but we're pretty wet here for July. Part of field is still too wet but we're at point now i'd like to do rest of field. Side dressed NH3 with 11 knife bar so that outside row is a bit behind from that point anyway only being feed from one side. Anyway, field has 230lb. flat rate right now, no variable row to row as my plan was to Y drop prior to VT. Have 48-50k outside row plants all showing 16-18x35-45 right now , like to keep it that way, fill them out, and should kick out 400+ i think. It's a lower flex hybrid. Second row in is only 34-35k but it's high flex hybrid, i'm thinking 300-350 on this row. It's at VT to R1 right now. How much should i be side dressing? Was thinking something like 25-35 gallon of 32% outside row and maybe 1/2 or bit less on second row. Second row isn't showing any N deficiency yet. What would you do with this situation, bearing in mind for a mono crop field i have plenty of N right now, but when you figure on 400+ for outside row that changes things a bit. Thanks in advance.

Edited by NEILFarmer 7/28/2016 22:39

(DJI_0016.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DJI_0016.jpg (127KB - 86 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)