AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shuttle kit for Case IH Magnum - 71, 72 and 89 series
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

johnny_munyak
Posted 6/8/2016 14:24 (#5344165)
Subject: Shuttle kit for Case IH Magnum - 71, 72 and 89 series

I recently acquired a Magnum 7130 fwa. We also have a 7240 FWA. Love both tractors. Have a 910 loader on the 7240 that gets used for handling round bales. It has the EZ shift kit in it so isn’t too bad for loader work.
We had intended on putting the loader on the 7130 so we can allocate other work duties to the 7240, but the 7130 does not have the ezshift in it. I know it can be put in, but that will require around $2000-$3000 worth of work.
I’ve come across the shuttle shift kit that would fit my needs. There appears to be numerous manufacturers that made this kit for the magnums. I’ve found kits by;
Abiliene Machine - AMX19109
Shoup Parts - 75100
HyCapacity – HA7100SK
CASEIH – discontinued as verified by the dealer
All of which claim the same thing – ability to lock out lower gears and do straight flip from 7th to R3 with the clutch engaged between forward and rear movements.
Is anyone’s kit better than the others? I’ve read some mixed reviews on this kit, and it seemed dependent on current state of tune on linkages and the quality control of the manufacturer that makes the kit.
Is there a preference as to who’s kit is best?? I am located in Canada and would have direct accessibility to HyCapacity parts, but I am not forgoing the option of ordering from across the border if the quality, durability of the kit is superior.
If anyone has direct experience with any of these kits, I would love to hear your opinions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)