AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

854 Rogator rate issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

havin'funfarming
Posted 6/8/2016 12:48 (#5344059)
Subject: 854 Rogator rate issue

Manitoba, Canada
I have a '98 854 Rogator. I am having intermittent rate issues. It is controlled by a JD 2630 and JD rate controller. It acts differently at different times. Hard to pinpoint the issue as it keeps changing symptoms. Sometimes it will fluctuate around the set rate so I adjust the valve cal settings to try to eliminate that, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. Sometimes it will be very sluggish to respond so I adjust the valve cal number, sometimes successful, sometimes not. The sensitivity I need to set the valve cal number to is all over the board. What was too sensitive and causes fluctuation one time will cause it to be too sluggish next time and vice versa. Yesterday suddenly it decided to not change the rate automatically, but I could always change it manually in test mode. That makes me think the problem is not electrical nor a valve cal setting. I am thinking it is a pump problem. I have already changed the Raven control motor on top of the hydraulic valve. When changing it I noticed that while turning the hydraulic valve manually I could only get the product pressure to 65 psi. That got me thinking the pump is worn out. It is a used machine so I don't know how old it is. I was told that a hydraulic pressure relief valve for the pump can also get weak and cause product pressure issues. Has anyone fixed this valve and where is it? Any other ideas? Is it possible that the product pump can cause all these issues or is there multiple issues?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)