AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

we're wet, pre emerge isn't going to happen, shoot holes in my early post
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

blacksand
Posted 5/30/2016 11:56 (#5328216)
Subject: we're wet, pre emerge isn't going to happen, shoot holes in my early post

South Dakota
This is no till soybeans in SE South Dakota. We have emerged wild and tansy mustard, plus mares tail and smartweed. Later in the year I'm mostly concerned about lambsquarters and water hemp. One agronomist suggested anthem + rup, but cadet is next to worthless and zidua can cause damage if put in right as they get out of the ground, not to mention it's about the same spectrum as outlook or a yellow herbicide. Another guy said outlook + rup, but all that's really good at is grass. So I came up with a cheap witches brew:
-warrant $6.50 after rebates: good at grass and water hemp, which is better than outlook or zidua .
-generic extreme: pursuit will supplement residual grass control, and provide residual velvetleaf control. Roundup will kill mustard and most of the remaining weeds. $4.00
-Harass (generic harmony): fills in the blanks for killing what's standing, more importantly it's good at mares tail, smartweed and lamaquarters. $.50/ acre
So for $13.00 at the full labeled rates, I can kill everything and have acceptable residual control. Will there be mix issues? Any other issues im not thinking of?

Edited to add, my bad, harmony sucks at marestail, back to the drawing board. First rate is really the only solid post emerge option for marestail, which increases the price significantly and negates the need for extreme. So it's probably warrant, or outlook plus first rate.

Edited by blacksand 5/30/2016 13:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)