AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Living Roots Cover Crops
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ben5398
Posted 5/9/2016 10:49 (#5290191)
Subject: Living Roots Cover Crops

Central Illinois
Through stock talk I happened on a Gabe Brown youtube video and thought the concepts were quite interesting. My wife being a biologist confirmed that what he said made sense organically. So I watched some more videos and have been thinking quite a lot about his style of cover cropping keeping continually live roots in the ground with multi species of plants working symbiotically.

I know there is not a magic bullet that makes 800 bushel corn or hogs farrow to finish in 4 months, but I am open to new ideas, especially if they increase the long term viability of a smaller to midsize central Illinois farm. I also recognize his situation is different than mine in that he is diverse with grazing and such and we are typical Illinois row croppers. I would be curious to meet someone that has been/was/still is on a corn/bean rotation and implemented his beliefs about the living roots, especially in a similar environment to that of Bloomington Illinois. Does anyone know of anyone or is anyone on here someone that would fit the criteria?

Edited by ben5398 5/9/2016 10:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)