AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What subsidy is there on ethanol?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

RunninDeere/IL
Posted 1/26/2016 13:08 (#5065492)
Subject: What subsidy is there on ethanol?

Ethanol is getting banged up pretty bad in the media and politics. Talk radio has been very negative about the ethanol business, but not sure they have the facts. I know I don't have the facts either, and doubt they really care about the facts, but I am to the point I would like to know the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth on ethanol subsidies. I don't know what subsidy there is anymore on ethanol. Is there still a "blenders credit" for every gallon of ethanol blended with gasoline? Blenders credit if I understood correctly is paid to the oil company who put the ethanol in their gasoline. Any other subsidies directly on ethanol? I would think the ethanol business is mature enough to stand on its own without subsidies, just like big oil should not be subsidized. Every now and then I get into these discussions and always tell people the last time I looked there were no aircraft carriers out there protecting my corn fields (as in the middle east). Not really wanting to make this political, just factual. For the record I do farm, grow corn, feed corn to livestock, and sell corn to an "evil" ethanol producer (ADM). Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)