AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HRW Wheat Winter kill threat..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 1/6/2016 12:26 (#5015664)
Subject: HRW Wheat Winter kill threat..

I know I'm always crying about conditions.. but the risks are real and we got single digit temperatures on the way this weekend.

The snow cover that we were supposed to get over Christmas evidently went as rain over in Missouri and Mississippi river basin causing flooding over there.  Locally our wheat did not emerge until we got rainfall late in October.. my stands are up.. but very small and very susceptible to winter kill as they are not rooted in as much as they should be.. some fields have melted back to the point that they could blow again under the right conditions.

Last year I did experience some winter kill for similar conditions although this year has not seen as severe of a cold snap as we say in November of 2014.

Besides the funds are short 516 million bushels which is just WAY over the TOP and they need to cover some of those positions.. ( http://www.cftc.gov/dea/futures/ag_sf.htm )

I also believe that some of last year's production will not make milling grade and hence we could see a bump in wheat being fed.. ditto a reduction in imports from Canada.. as well as the Census vs FAS reporting of exports..  We do not know yet whether we TRUELY are behind in shipments as last year's numbers include Flour and product exports while this year's FSA numbers DO NOT..

Anywho.. for these and other reasons.. Wheaties are due for a pop..

Go ahead funds "show me the $$$"  Your time shorting my Wheaties are over done.

bye bye..

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)