AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn piles (continued from below).
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 11/21/2015 05:58 (#4910030)
Subject: Corn piles (continued from below).

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
While the issue of corn piles has been pretty well covered (or rather uncovered) below I have a couple of comments & questions.
As for "just blend it in and nobody will notice" I noticed in Pilgrim's third picture they were using a Bobcat to move some of this spoilt grain off to the side. So apparently they thought somebody would notice. Does anyone care to guess what percentage wasted grain there might be?
In those states of Neb, Iowa and Minn. where they have bumper harvest how many such piles are there? How many bushels of spoilt grain are we talking about. Does that spoilt grain get counted in the Dec. 1 stocks? When does the elevator account for the loss, next summer, never? If they never account for the loss on their books, carry it over year after year is it possible that the accumulated unreported loss become significant?
Question, if an elevator piles grain, who typically owns that grain, the elevator or the producers. What if it's DP or just held as regular rented storage? Who gets to take the lost the elevator or the producer? Ultimately doesn't the producer take the loss one way or the other?
Finally, it seems to me that if corn was more valuable maybe those in charge would take better care of it. I suppose that means that corn is "just too cheap"?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)