AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is school worthless?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

turbo diesal
Posted 9/27/2015 20:50 (#4812017)
Subject: Is school worthless?

Alot of people place a very high value on formal education. Some almost obsess about it in my opinion. In my experience after I learned how to read and do basic math everything that came after was pretty close to if not just useless information. Maybe even counter productive. Some of the smartest people I know barely passed or dropped out of high school. When you add in all the wasted time and peer pressure kids are put under just to fit in during high school then things get even worse in my mind. I'm not someone who was picked on or bullied in high school in fact I loved it and never wanted to graduate but looking back I think of all the wasted time spent in school with a lot of regret. I cant be the only who thinks that the best lessons are learned outside the classroom and that formal education is pretty much daycare for soon to be adults. Does anyone agree with me? If not tell me why high school in America is important even though what is taught as absolute unquestionable truth is just re written ten years later in a contradictory fashion.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)