AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Plant soybeans this weekend Northern RRV??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ShopTeacher
Posted 6/17/2015 18:26 (#4632370)
Subject: Plant soybeans this weekend Northern RRV??

NW MN
Here is the deal, I could not get 2/3's of my beans in by the June 11 final planting date. Roughly a foot of rain from May 6 to June 10. Way to wet in my specific location (SE Kittson Co, MN). I told my insurance agent that I would have to PP it.

Sprayed what I did get in on the 10th, all the unplanted ground was slop or under water. With the dry week we have finally had some ground might be fit to plant by the weekend if it doesn't rain Friday.

I am a little concerned that I will not be able to qualify for PP as I have yet to see an unplanted field in the area. Part of me says it's worth the chance to put a .07 bean in this weekend if it is dry to make sure I can get something off this land, even if it is ends up being my insurance guarantee - 10%. Very concerned about an early frost planting this late, and doing a lot of rushed work for the same or less than I'd net from PP if the crop does poorly, but equally concerned about not getting PP and having a huge hole to fill this fall.

I'm a true start from scratch farmer, 2nd soybean crop. Any opinions appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)