AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many market areas do we have here?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 11/11/2014 21:22 (#4172297)
Subject: How many market areas do we have here?

NCND
As in market areas I mean by basis ect. We have the Dakota's and nw minnesota at the mercy of the Chinese essentially or pnw export more or less.

We have the Kansas boys and all their cattle and end users.

Then we have the I states with the rivers, feeders and everything else.

What I am asking or saying is not everyone is facing same set of decisions when deciding to bin or not to bin. Sell not to sell.

K_hall made the statement that if he didn't live in the Dakota's he would probably still have beans left which is about the opposite mindset of everyone else on here it seems. I share his sentiment in that we don't see much in basis improvement especially in big crop yeas because once the boats sale for china the game is over for us.

Not really even sure what I am trying to say or ask but reading here opens up my mind on seeing things in other places and what they deal wih day to day. I would love to have a positive bean basis or be able to deliver hrsw directly to pnw but I can't so I play the game the way I feel I need to play it here in my little market area. I envy the basis elsewhere but I have grown past the grass is greener on the otherside phase probably 5 years ago and i know that we are all in same boat eventually in one way or another. There are days of struggle and then there are days of big grins and easy money.

What I say here is based market wise on my market area or soley on futures which is what I try to base everything around as it's the only real "common" ground the market areas share. I'm clueless of movements in other areas and how much basis can move those areas. It seems some here speak in futures terms while others speak in cash terms without specifying. Either way I appreciate the discussions.

My only market advice would be if you farm in az get some durum in the ground for their is not any good durum around and you will profit very handsomely. My grandpa once bought land down outside agua caliente to grow durum on in winter. Last I heard they grew tilapia in that area because the water was right for it or something. Anyways another story for another day.

Keep up the good work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)