AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Poll anyone selling at these levels?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 11/2/2014 12:03 (#4156843)
Subject: Poll anyone selling at these levels?

Okay let's start a new thread.. here..

I posted under :Buoyancy" that prices (IMHO) were oversold.. selling has dried up at these levels.. and shorts are having to buy their way out.. WHICH is what I believe..  As Proof..  I'm still delivering on earlier contracts.. so I took some beans down to the processor in Wichita.. for the first time this year.. the majority of the people I talked to in line.. short line btw.. for a supposed "harvest" weekend.. were ALSO delivering on Contracts..

One guy was from a good dryland production area.. Early FULL season dryland beans made.. 30's.. "planted too early.. too dry..  My Double crop's are better.."  Next guy.. "pivot.. did okay.. maybe 60's about normal..  I'd store but I'm hauling in my $12 contracts.. next guy.. "contracted.. but the majority of the trucks during the week are Coop's.."  Which tells me that it's the basis move that is pulling product in..

Of the three or four of us in the conversation 2 of us were holding out for $12.. one was "selling the overage.. golly you guys really think it will go back that high?"  and the 4th.. was just listening..

"Yes.. we got guys who are NOT going to plant as much corn NEXT year as they did THIS year.. 'need to rotate ground anyway..'"  There's more IRRIGATED Wheat going in.. (IF WE CAN GET IT UP!!?!?) that will cut corn acres here..   HOWEVER, there's LESS Dryland wheat going in because of ROTATIONS.. see the build in Sorghum acres.. THERE's going to be more corn acres going to SORGHUM in some area's next year.. or beans.. Flip side.. I may not plant ANY BEANS.. (golly if everyone is gonna run to THAT side of the boat..)

Plus.. golly are we REALLY going to REPEAT the UBBER WONDERFUL weather that we got in 2014.. OR.. is the drought going to come back.. (looking out window at 25+ mph winds and dirt blowing...  hmmm?!?)

All I know is that what I got binned.. which is LESS than Last year.. I'm gonna be pretty CHOOSY on when I let it go.. I got contracts to fill.. some not much better than we are at today.. Low $4's on the corn.. a couple $4.85's.. etc.. and pretty confident that we'll see.. $4.40.. $4.60.. something over $5 on a weather scare..  THE LAST TIME.. I sold corn down here I had to BUY IT OUT AT $6.50..  anyone willing to PROMISE that we NEVER see that again..?!?  You sell me the call then.. for $.01

I don't know if we have a 14.5 byn bu crop.. we're done and we're NOT FULL.. but I DO KNOW that we have DEMAND.. Harvest is OVER and now USERS need to FILL NEEDS from the pipeline..

and "it ain't gonna be ME this week..."

I bought some Corn at $3.20'ish back east.. during gut slot.. It's worth $3.50'ish now..(plus $.40 freight..) It will cost $3.90'ish "here" today.. at that point I will fill my contract's with "my own" corn.  We'll see how things go.. if it pulls back.. I will buy in and buy calls.. If it rally's I will deliver my own.. and maybe sell some more. AT HIGHER levels..  I don't need the bin space.. nor the $$$ till some time next spring.. so.. "here we sit."

As evidence of demand.. Sorghum to Hutch is $.30 premium to Corn.. Bean's to Port of Catoosa are.. $10.50'ish plus.. Wheat to the processor in Wichita is $6.40'ish.. Corn to feedlot out west..??  $4.25'ish.. 

Those are all things I could do "today."

I think we got a shot of seeing $5 cash corn $12 beans.. and $7 wheat.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)