AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Burning on high
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 9/21/2014 10:49 (#4085540)
Subject: Burning on high

Buxton ND
Lid locked and sealed. From Ag Web
My comment on this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Days from Silks to Black layer.............
This is a PROVEN FACT guys...............

"Steffy - your looking to close to home ole buddy - Here's what were seeing - hearing here - Southern Corn - very good ! as well as beans . Around here - beans are just getting started - yields in the low 60's to high 60's , Have not heard any corn yields - very little shelled - But heres the kick in the pants - I have done some yield checks - The kernel size is very large this year - so what do's that mean ? The old rule of thumb was when doing yield check - ( developed in the early 60's ) they used 90,000 to divide by - I have found that 85 works better and that I should be using 80 when checking - So with that in mind - say I do a kernel count and find I have 640 kernels ( 16 x 40 = 640 ) then times my pop of 33,000 divided by 85 = 248 bpa - know lets use 65,000 on the same numbers - that comes out to 324 bpa !!!!!! I know - your saying 65,000 to make one bu. ??? I have got reports on some Southern IL corn - The boothill and a few others that kernel weights as low as 60,000 to make a bu. ! One well trusted farmer I know from Western IL even pulled some ears that came in at 57,000 --- That is some heavy duty corn there ! Most of our area - central IN and IL have had perfect weather to pact on the dry matter and that's what I think we will be seeing when we get started -

On Sept. 9th - We hosted a Extension , Purdue field day here - Dr Bob Nielsen and Jim Camberato was here as speakers - when we went to the field for the plot work - Bob brought this point out about the dry matter we were adding and said I would not be surprised to see 60,000 count corn - Steffy That's a 76 bpa swing on bpa from dry matter ! I know that sounds crazy - but it really could happen - The markets are getting these same reports - that's why the blood bath and my friend ---- But to Ken - the real blood bath will come in basis !"

Ken
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)