AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Time to Act
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 9/20/2014 10:13 (#4083896)
Subject: Time to Act

Buxton ND
This came from US Farmer report this morning. John asked the market guys about selling 2015 corn,both said this in not the time,"time to act" and I agree with them.....

Brain Roach did bring up a very good point,if you need to sell bushels get them across the scale FIRST. Them SIT TIGHT....... Goes well with what Angie Maguire said 2-3 weeks back,sell your "overage" BEFORE it become a overage. There both politely saying if you wait til the bitter end to sell the bushels that dont fit in the bin,,,your going to get the KY Jelly treatment on basis. I'm farmer blunt,,,,,,,,their NOT ! ! ! ! !

John Phillps,,,he's normally pretty bullish,,,IMO the show is pretty bullish in general over the years,,,made some comments of yield,kernel size. He even dug up some kernels of last years corn to compare........... Its finally sinking in to some that this is a big blanking corn crop....................................................

Cool weather from Dixieland to Canada,from the Rocky's to the Ground Hog land.
Cool Weather,,,more days from silks to black layer,makes for big yields.....................
This is a proven FACT.
Toss in bean size for good measure.
And the frost is a non-event to national yields.
Frost was the last and final plan.
It simply was not cold enough in a big enough area to worry traders.
OK OK OK there this another plan left,,,its Plan "M" or Plan "T"
Plan "MOLD" I can just see this coming.

Now some spec money numbers

ZW net sellers of 2K,there's some other goodies here also,watch Sunday's open
ZC net buyers of 12k,,,,,,,,,,I've been getting bullish corn on a "hunch" now that hunch has some numbers to back it up :o) this DOES NOT mean the bottom is in,it does mean its closer though. Like Tara has said "THE LOW" will be a process not an event,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this is part of that process guys and ladies. This process could really get messed up with a yield pushing 180...........................

ZS net sellers of 10K,,,roughly 70% of this came from new net shorts,this is bearish,action since last Tuesday is bearish to very bearish............ Hedge pressure will be bearish,,,I've been reading bearish beans for weeks. That 10k is not a huge numberrrrrrr,but it is the heaviest selling since very early July...................Blu can you point this out on your ZSX chart please. On BLu's chart look at what beans did on Tuesday AFTER $10 was broken,this is TEXT BOOK BEARISH. Then pay attention to that little *****purple line***** on Blu's chart...........................

As you can see I'm as bearish beans lately as I WAS 2013 corn..................
WHY cause I'm comparing to 2 blanker,blanking markets. Its my new HO in the markets and its a learning experience using history to look forward.....This is why I've brought up 1996/1997,corn/beans and 2004 beans.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)