AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Talk me out of this..Best Sprayer for 90k? Y Drops?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

michael3130
Posted 6/9/2014 18:23 (#3910135)
Subject: Talk me out of this..Best Sprayer for 90k? Y Drops?

Iowa
Tell me if I am thinking wrong here but currently have a 1998 Deere 8200 Tractor in very good condition. Right about to hit 5000 hours. Pulls a Top Air TA1600 Sprayer and a AgSystems 6400 side dress machine. That is its main jobs for the year. We need to replace the combine and am trying to figure out if my equipment lineup is as efficient has it could be debt / time wise. Have thought about being able to side dress at V10 per the beck research plot has analyzed in addition to V4. If we bought a 85-90,000 self propelled sprayer and installed Y drops would that be a better rig than our current tractor, pull behind, and side dress applicator? Can the y drops do hills? We could also use a pull behind side dress applicator in addition to the self propelled from our coop....our 8410 would be used to pull it. If we sold those three pieces of equipment, we could do the SP spayer with y drops and have funds set aside for the combine.

IF so what is the best 85-90k self propelled sprayer knowing we are going to want to side dress at V10 in addition to spray? Hagie, Miller? How many hours is too many?

Thanks in advance. All opinions are appreciated!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)