AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TeeJet 344 AE replaced with 344 BE on JD 6500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 5/9/2014 22:29 (#3861602)
Subject: TeeJet 344 AE replaced with 344 BE on JD 6500

East Central Arkansas

One of the old 344 AE valves on the 6500 quit working today. I thought no problem I have a new 344 BE at the shop for it. I started putting it on and the first thing I find is the plug is opposite the gender it needs to be so I cut it off and wire the old end to it. I hook it up and the valve is open when it should the closed. I think no problem just reverse red and black wires. I do that then it doesn't work at all. I get to checking and find I have a problem with the inline fuse not making a good connection. After finding that I think old valve probably alright. I haven't removed it from plumbing yet so I reconnect wires but it still doesn't work. So I proceed to try and wire new valve up where it will work. Wires coming to the valve seem to be doing what they should. Two of the wires reverse voltage when valve switch is pushed. The other wire shows to be a ground. I can hook the valve up to a battery and switch polarity and the valve opens and closes. One way, I don't remember if when open or closed the valve has a hum to it and when you remove the wire you get a spark. It is still pulling voltage when it shouldn't. So is the valve bad or am I doing something wrong?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)