AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seed salesmen rant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

First-gen IN
Posted 4/3/2014 20:08 (#3795165)
Subject: Seed salesmen rant

WCIN
I will start by saying that I sell seed for one of the larger brands. I only farm 200 acres as well as operate within a partner ship on other acres and sell seed. I have to do this to make my start in farming.

Anyway, I read a post recently where a guy was ranting that he hadn't received ALL of his seed yet. Went on to rant about "I paid that much, I ought to....". There is no doubt in my mind that Dupont, Monsanto, and Agriliant are making GOOD money selling seed. But are Case, Deere, and Agco not? Are we as farmers not? Why are seed salesmen spoke of as crap stuck on the bottom our your shoe? Why are seed companies thought to be no good SOBs? It just really sticks in my crawl to see so many rants on here with that kind of mentality. You go to the machinery forum and you seldom see any rants about over priced John Deere tractors? Or planters not being delivered a month before the guy was gonna plant? So why is seed different. I suppose its not a glorious but gee wiz. It just befuddles me. Guys get on here and rant about the seed guy who drives a brand new 4 door one ton, (as he has one much the same, and a new combine, and a new tractor). Who wants to pay $250 a bag to a guy who drives a beat up Ford Taurus around?!?! Most arguments are, "4 years ago I paid $180 a bag for corn that yielded the same. Now they think they can just blend it together and charge me $200 bucks more for it!" In the mean time there are MILLIONS spent on getting regulatory approvals here with our beloved EPA and WORLD WIDE so that we don't give China or the EU any reason to reject our exports, i.e. Starlink, MIR 162. You know, because having hump-teen dozen lawyers and pencil pushers comes free...... Its no different than a new tractor cost twice what it did ten years ago because of.........EMISSIONS!!!! Bingo folks, regulatory approvals. Yet we don't get on here and rant how we got screwed by mother Deere in our MUD deal compared to the MUD deal we did 5 years ago. It just gets old.....

Rant over. I have a feeling I'm going down like the Zeplin here........flame away.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)