AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fire not covered by farm policy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kfarm_EC_IL
Posted 2/5/2014 15:35 (#3665130)
Subject: Fire not covered by farm policy

Martinsville Ill
Dad had a fire in the well house that used to supply water to the house but now supplies cattle and the shop. We were not able to get control of the fire and called our fire department to finally get it put out. The whole thing burn up nothing left. Called the insurance and they have given a whole bucket full of answers to basically say not covered. If connected to the house it would have been covered. Not covered by farm policy either ... not covered I guess under an umbrella. Is this typical in these types of situations? Do we have any options other than change companies? I'm wondering if I'm covered for much of anything on the farm. Adjuster says agent should have made us aware of this blah blah blah and so on. We are now trying to water the feeders in what will be sub zero weather over the next few days. Not so much about the money more about the principal of the situation. Maybe we are looking at it the wrong way. I sure would not want to treat one of my landlords like this.

Anyone have advise or suggestions on this we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)