AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fall 2014 basis meeting with PNW shippers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 1/19/2014 09:26 (#3616204)
Subject: Fall 2014 basis meeting with PNW shippers

Red River Valley
I was lucky or unlucky ( depending on how one see it ) enough to sit in on a meeting with some of the Rail operators that pull shuttles out to the PNW from our neck of the woods ( I 90 north ) It did not give me a real warm fuzzy feeling when I left the meeting.

I will be trying to get basis set on anything near basis available in our area at this time ( - .50 beans and -.40 corn ) for now I would sell -.55 to -.60 bean basis for next fall and -.45to-.50 corn basis next fall and have orders in at those levels.

If the drilling does not slow down in the bakken ( and I see no reason that it will ) Basis levels up in my area could be double what they are today with a normal or avg. crop. Power units and rail availability will be at a premium next fall and winter and the money being paid by oil for that space makes grain simply an after thought at current basis levels.

been quit a while since we hauled to Duluth but that might well be our best bet come next harvest.

Not a real optimistic meeting the number of $1.40 under on beans was actually through out there. UGLY

after starting a couple of quick threads I will leave the thread starting to somebody else for the day. lol

edit: should also state maybe they are trying to jaw bone this thing also but most that have knowledge with the demand from the bakken seem to think its real

Edited by Tara Farms 1/19/2014 09:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)